In the News
Voltas unveils its 2012 range of ACs, 39 SKUs
Voltas, a Tata Group company, has launched its new range of 39 SKUs for the summer season, with a generous array of choices in terms of technology, features, aesthetics and price points.
Multiple options for multiple niches
In developing the 2012 range, Voltas kept in mind consumers' varied requirements, with their diversity of priorities, preferences, income groups and aesthetic tastes. However, certain key attributes have remained standard right across the spread of models. These include:
- Round the year utility with an All Weather equipment
- Optimized cross-flow vane for less noise
- Active Carbon filter
- Eco-system technology
- Self-diagnosis, auto-louver step adjustment and other intelligent features
- Energy-efficiency, addressing rising consumer consciousness about 'green' issues, and the larger considerations of sustainability
- Low operating costs
Introducing the Voltas all Weather ACs as a part of the new line up, Voltas envisages a new road map for the entire category and make air conditioning a year round phenomena. The new range also includes the five star window AC, being launched for the 1st time in Voltas. There is a wide-spectrum choice of eclectic models with varied features, benefits and price points.
Another pioneering effort
By taking a lead in terms of choices offered, Voltas is once again playing a pioneering role, as it has several times in the past, with
- India's first split ACs
- India's first ACs priced under Rs 10,000
- India's first ductable split ACs
- the revolutionary 'Slimline' design
- the first to introduce microprocessor control in ACs
- the first to aggressively promote energy-efficient cooling in India
- the first to take on an educative campaign on the lines of 'sensible cooling'
Combined Captured Conquered
The mood at Voltas is ambitious and optimistic. Says Pradeep Bakshi (COO and EVP): 'We have consistently gained the confidence of consumers and channel partners, reflected in our year-on-year growth and tangible gains in share of market, which today stands at 22%. There is every reason to be fully confident about retaining our No 1 position in times to come.' The team is upbeat about our theme for the year 'Combined, Captured, Conquered', capturing a well-thought-through mission to align with all stakeholders' expectations and reach the pinnacle, establishing strong relationships with our customers.
The push for growth is backed by extensive groundwork to ensure reach and availability across the spectrum. The retail footprint has been augmented to 6000 touch points, while the service infrastructure has been tuned to greater speed and reach. Just as importantly, Voltas has planned extensive media coverage through multiple media platforms to reach out to the target audience at multiple touch points.