In the News
Voltas unveils its 2011 range of ACs, 70 new models
Voltas, a Tata Group company, has launched its new range of 71 AC models for the coming summer season, with a generous array of choices in terms of features, tonnage, price and other parameters.
Multiple options for multiple niches
In developing the 2011 range, Voltas kept in mind consumers’ varied requirements, with their diversity of priorities, preferences, income groups and aesthetic tastes. However, certain key attributes have remained standard right across the spread of models. These include:
- Optimized cross-flow vane for less noise
- Active Carbon filter
- Eco-system technology
- Self-diagnosis, auto-louver step adjustment and other intelligent features
- Energy-efficiency, addressing rising consumer consciousness about 'green' issues, and the larger considerations of sustainability
- Low operating costs, with a sensible cooling solution for every household
At its upper end, the new range includes Vertis Elegant, Gemini, Pearl, Platina and the powerhorse Gold. Models like Pluto, Curve and Emerald have been introduced, as well as Plus, Premium, Classic and Elite. It adds up to a wide-spectrum choice of eclectic models with varied features,benefits and price points.
Another pioneering effort
By taking a lead in terms of choices offered, Voltas is once again playing a pioneering role, as it has several times in the past, with
- India's first split ACs
- India's first ACs priced under Rs 10,000
- India's first ductable split ACs
- the revolutionary 'Slimline' design
- the first to introduce microprocessor control in ACs
- the first to aggressively promote energy-efficient cooling in India
- the first to take on an educative campaign on the lines of ‘sensible cooling’
V the one
The mood at Voltas is ambitious and optimistic. Says Pradeep Bakshi (COO and EVP): ‘We have consistently gained the confidence of consumers and channel partners, reflected in our year-on-year growth and tangible gains in share of market, which today stands at 19%. We have every reason to be fully confident about retaining our No 1 position in times to come.’ The team is upbeat about the theme for the year which is ‘V the one’, capturing a well-thought-through mission to align with all stakeholders’ expectations and reach the pinnacle, establishing strong relationships with end-users and channels.
Bakshi exudes confidence that the brand will see significant growth in sales volumes, reaching towards the coveted one-million mark in the coming year. The push for growth is backed by extensive groundwork to ensure reach and availability across the spectrum. The retail footprint has been augmented to 6000 touch points, while the service infrastructure has been tuned to greater speed and reach. Just as importantly, Voltas has planned extensive media coverage through multiple media, including a presence throughout the cricketing calendar that will truly score with its target audience.