In the News
Voltas unveils its 2010 range of ACs
Voltas, fresh from its recent triumphs in air-conditioning and engineering services at the iconic Burj Khalifa, Dubai and the Yas Marina F1 Race Track, Abu Dhabi, is set to score yet another win with its 2010 range of Room ACs.
The brand has launched its new range of 50 AC models for the coming summer season, with a generous array of choices in terms of features, tonnage, price and other parameters.
Multiple options for multiple niches
In developing the 2010 range, Voltas kept in mind the market’s heterogeneous nature, with its diversity of priorities, preferences, income groups and aesthetic tastes. However, certain key attributes remain standard right across the spread of models. These include:
- the new eco-system technology
- self-diagnosis, auto-louver step adjustment, optimized cross-flow vane and other intelligent features
- energy-efficiency, addressing rising consumer consciousness about 'green' issues, and the larger considerations of sustainability
- low operating costs, with a sensible cooling solution for every household
At its upper end, the range includes the Gold, Platina and Plus versions of the flagship Vertis brand. Towards the non-premium end are numerous options which are more affordable, without stinting on efficiency.
Another pioneering effort
By taking a lead in terms of choices offered, Voltas is once again playing a pioneering role, as it has several times in the past, with
- India's first split ACs
- India's first ACs priced under Rs 10,000
- India's first ductable split ACs
- the revolutionary 'Slimline' design
- the first to introduce microprocessor control in ACs
- the first to aggressively promote energy-efficient cooling in India
The mood at Voltas is ambitious and optimistic. Says Pradeep Bakshi (Sr.VP & Deputy COO): ‘You will see a lot more in the coming days from Voltas that will increase awareness about energy-saving and provide consumers a more comfortable but sensible cooling solution.’
The push for growth is backed by extensive groundwork to ensure reach and availability across the spectrum. The retail footprint has been augmented to 5000 touch points, while the service infrastructure has been tuned to greater speed and reach.
Bakshi asserts: ‘We are confident that we will blaze a triumphant growth path in India with Voltas Room Air Conditioners, as we have done with iconic air conditioning and engineering projects in the Middle East and Far East.