In the News
Voltas launches brand shop in Cuttack.
Air conditioning major Voltas today opened its newly renovated state of the art brand store ‘Voltas Brand Shop’ at Cuttack (Mani Sahu Chowk, Cantonment Rd, N/L- Haribandhu School, Cuttack). The store was inaugurated by Mr. Pradeep Bakshi, Dy. COO, Voltas-UPBG, in the presence of Mr Preetraj Bakshi, Regional Business Head (East) & Business Manager for Bhubneswar Branch, Mr Alok Srivastava. The business partner for this exclusive Voltas store is M/S Climax headed by Mr Jaya Chandra Prusty.
The market growth of Voltas latest range of Vertis ACs has leaped to a high of 82%, having notched up 18% in market share of primary billing during the first half of 2010, leaving the competition behind. This spectacular growth is the outcome of several factors, including:
- A well-conceived product line-up, which brings more choice, and more sophistication, to the promise of energy-saving.
- A new tagline (‘Sensible Cooling’), which captures the brand’s special benefit of lower running costs.
- Greater access, presence and visibility, with a 25% increase in retails touch points.
- Enhanced service efficiency through new initiatives
- A wider spread of Voltas post-sales care through an expansion in numbers of franchisees
- Deployment of Customer Relationship Management
- Customer-friendly IT-enabled add-sons such as an online spare parts module.
By introducing the first ‘star’-rated ACs in 2006-07, even before they became mandatory, Voltas had gained the Vertis brand an enduring top-of-mind association with low-cost operation and sustainably low energy consumption. The new line-up was tailored to advance that initial lead and widen its appeal in entry, mid and upper segments. Speaking on the sidelines of the opening ceremony, Mr Bakshi said “Going forward, the brand is poised to cater to an increasingly demanding lot of consumers. They expect a wide spread of choices, lots of features and evidence of superior technologies. You can be sure they’ll get all that and more from Voltas.”
The brand is equally geared up with its unmatched after-sales function through a robust service infrastructure offering speed and reach to household and institutional clientele. With the opening of a fresh Brand Shop, Voltas has renewed its commitment towards enhancing consumer buying experience besides ensuring reach and availability of products through an augmentation in retail footprint with over 5000 touch points across the country.