Frequently Asked Questions
1.What are the objectives of the Energy Labeling Scheme?
"Provide consumers with energy efficiency information of labeling product to make purchase decision. Differentiate the product by energy efficiency and simulate introduction of cost effective, energy efficient technology. Enhance effort to promote environmental protection initiatives through usage of energy efficient product. For more information, please visit the website at www.bee-india.nic.in."
2. What is the estimated electrical consumption of an air conditioner per month?
The estimated electrical consumption can be calculated by using the following formula:
Estimated Electrical Consumption = Input (kW) X No. of hours used X No. of days per month X Current Utility Rate.
3. What is the average life span of a residential air conditioner?
Generally, the average life span of any air conditioner is six to seven years. This is subjected to usage pattern and regular servicing of the air conditioner by a qualified air conditioner technician.
4. What is an Inverter air conditioner? Is this more efficient than a non-Inverter conventional air conditioner?
An Inverter air conditioner delivers cool air by varying the frequency of the compressor, and thus regulates the refrigerant to satisfy room cooling requirements and achieve the desired temperature with minimal fluctuations. It eliminates waste with precise control. In this way, it is more energy efficient.
5. Where can I find a good installer / contractor?
For Installation pls register call at Voltas Customer care & register through our Website.
6. What is covered in a Split Airconditioner standard AC installation?
- Mounting and installation of indoor unit on wall
- Placing the outdoor unit at serviceable location
- Drilling one hole on a brick wall (no core cutting) to connect the Outdoor unit (ODU) with the Indoor unit (IDU)
- Laying of interconnect copper pipe between indoor and outdoor unit (if provided with the unit) . Vacuuming the piping along with indoor unit.
- Connecting ODU and IDU using standard wire length provided by the company and commissioning of the unit.
- Connecting ac stabilizer if provided by the customer in-between the main power point and the outdoor unit.
- Fixing ODU stand if available.
- Checking the machine performance.
- Demo of the product.
7. What is not covered in a standard installation scope, & will involve additional charges?
- Drilling more than one hole for copper pipe connectivity between IDU and ODU.
- Thicker concrete wall needs specialized equipment, so drilling holes through them will incur additional cost (core cutting). No wall chiseling / civil or mason work is included.
- An additional voltage stabilizer, if there are voltage fluctuations in the area.
- Wiring extension from Electricity Meter to Installation site, Power point/MCB fitting and any other Electrical work will be organized by the customer from their side
- Any extra copper pipe length that might be needed for installation (as per customer’s site requirement) beyond the copper pipe supplied with the product and the labour charges for laying this additional copper pipe cost will be borne by customer.
- Grill/glass cutting and welding work will be organized by customer from their side.
- Uninstallation/Shifting of old AC.
- Outdoor stand if supplied by customer, labour charges for fixing same has to be borne by customer.
- Ladder to be arranged by customer in case required at installation site.
- In case piping is already pre-laid by customer during construction stage, then nitrogen pressure testing will be required after connecting outdoor and indoor. The cost of the same to be borne by customer.
- Anything else not covered in standard installation will be chargeable.
8. The air conditioner does not start operation immediately after it is turned on?
To reduce excessive load in a restart, the air conditioner compressor does not operate for three minutes when the ON switch is pressed immediately after it is shut down or when the operation mode (setting) is changed using the remote controller.
9. The air conditioner does not blow air immediately after it starts operation in the heating mode?
The air conditioner conducts a "warm-up" operation first so that it won't blow cold air in the heating mode. The fan starts operating after one to four minutes of warm-up operation. (The warm-up operation becomes longer when the outside air temperature is low.)
10. The air conditioner produces a water flowing sound?
The water flowing sound is produced by the refrigerant that flows inside the air conditioner. This sound is more prone to generation when the defrost operation is activated in a heating operation.
11. The air conditioner produces an air releasing sound.
The air releasing sound is caused by a change of the refrigerant flow direction. This sound is generated when the air conditioner stops operating or the defrosting operation is activated in a heating operation.
12. The air condition produces a crackling sound?
Plastic parts such as the front panel produces a crackling sound when they expand or contract slightly due to temperature change.
13. The outdoor unit discharges water or steam?
The defrost operation activated in the heating mode removes frost, which turns into water or steam. A small amount of water is also discharged during a heating operation.
14. The amount of drained water is very high?
The amount of drained water varies depending on room temperature and humidity. A large amount of drained water does not denote a malfunction.
15. The air conditioner does not operate (Operation lamp is not lit).
Check the following:
- Make sure the circuit breaker is not turned off and the fuse is not blown.
- Make sure the power cord plug is connected securely to the service outlet.
- Make sure the remote controller has new batteries.
- Make sure the timer is not programmed mistakenly.
16. The air conditioner does not cool or warm the room?
Check the following:
- Make sure the set running mode must be Cool/Heat from remote control.
- Make sure the air filters are not dirty.
- Make sure the air flow and direction settings are appropriate.
- Make sure the temperature setting on the remote controller is appropriate.
- Make sure the air inlets and outlets of the indoor and outdoor units are not blocked by objects.
- Make sure ventilation fans in the room are not operating.
- Make sure the doors and windows are closed.
17. The air conditioner stops operating (Operation lamp blinks)?
Check to see if the air filters are clean. Also make sure the air inlets and outlets of the indoor and outdoor units are not blocked.Pls refer manual for more detail
18. The indoor unit produces a mist?
The cold air blow out during a cooling operation reduces the temperature of the room air and sometimes generates a mist.
19. The air conditioner stops suddenly during operation
When power supply voltage fluctuates largely, the air conditioner may stop operating to protect the equipment. (When power supply returns to a normal condition, the air conditioner resumes operation after three minutes.)
20. The air conditioner stops in the middle of operation (ON timer in operation)?
When the ON timer is set, the air conditioner may start as early as one hour before the set time in order to bring the room temperature close to the temperature set with the remote controller. If the remote controller is operated (except ON/OFF operation) during this time period, the air conditioner enters the stop mode. When this happens, turn on the air conditioner using the remote controller, and set the timer again.
1. What is an Evaporative Air Cooler?
An Air Cooler works on the principle of evaporative cooling process. When warm air is drawn into the cooler, it passes through a wet Honeycomb/WoodWool Cooling Media. As it passes through, it mixes with the water held in the Honeycomb/WoodWool Cooling pads, causing the water to evaporate and lose heat, resulting in cool & moisturized air. A powerful fan then propels the cool air into the room (or outdoor area, if outdoors). The result is a constant flow of fresh, moisturized, cool air while old and stale air is circulated out of the room.
2. Why does evaporation cause lower temperature?
The temperature of dry air can drop significantly when liquid water transforms to water vapor (through evaporation). Water always has lesser temperature than air called dew point temperature. So, water evaporates by taking heat energy from warmer air which mixes with it & hence it results in temperature drop.
3. How is a room air cooler different from a fan?
Normal fans use fan blades to circulate air around the room without offering any cooling. Room Air coolers use the natural process of water evaporation to cool incoming hot air and use a powerful fan to evenly distribute newly cooled air. The temperature of dry air can drop significantly when liquid water transforms to water vapor (through evaporation).
4. What are honeycomb cooling pads and how are they different from conventional wood wool pads?
The honeycomb cooling pads are more durable and also provide uniform cooling. Moreover, they do not allow dirt & sediments to deposit on the pads. Hence, it gives cool & fresh air.
5. How do I select the right type of room air cooler (Personal, Desert, Window or Tower)?
Desert Cooler – if the room size is big (>250 sqft) and climate is dry & hot.
Window Cooler - if the room size is big (>250 sqft) and climate is dry & hot. The window cooler comes with a trolley which can be used under multiple applications.
Personal Cooler – If the room size is small (<150 sqft) and the climate is humid or temperate. It is mostly used for personal or spot cooling.
1. Symptom - Air Purifier does not improve the air quality.
CAUSE - Packaging material has not been removed.
REMEDY - Packaging material needs to be removed from the filters from Air Purifier. Please remove all packaging materials as shown in the below picture.
CAUSE -The filters are not placed correctly.
REMEDY - ll filters need to be placed in the right order in your air purifier. Please check in the user manual what filters your specific air purifier model contains.
CAUSE - Placement of the product is poor
REMEDY -Always keep minimum clearance of 15 inches from all sides of air purifier
CAUSE - New furniture or Painting in the room.
REMEDY - When adding new furniture to a room, the air quality might become affected by gases it might emit. These gases should disappear gradually in the next weeks.
2. Symptom - Air Purifier is too loud/Noise.
CAUSE - The fan speed level is too high.
REMEDY - Air Purifier has been designed to minimize this noise, but in some situations (such as when trying to sleep or in a silent room) you may hear it. The noise you might hear coming from your air purifier is produced by the operation of the motor and the fan. If this is the case, please change the fan speed to a lower level or to sleep mode.
3. Symptom - Air Purifier does not switch on.
CAUSE - There is a connection problem
REMEDY - Check if your air purifier’s plug is correctly inserted in the wall socket
CAUSE - The wall outlet does not work
REMEDY - Try a different electrical outlet or check the wall switch.
CAUSE - The timer of air purifier is set to a different time interval
REMEDY - Reset or turn off the timer in Purifiers, you can do this by pressing the button with a timer icon. Please check in the user manual the instructions that apply to your specific purifier.
CAUSE - The filters are not placed correctly
REMEDY - When the filters are not correctly placed, your air purifier might not switch on. Make sure the filters are placed correctly according to the instructions in your purifier’s user manual.
4. Symptom - Air Purifier does not remove odors properly.
CAUSE - The room is too big
REMEDY - Air Purifier should not be used in a room that is bigger than recommended. If this is the case, then its performance will not be optimal and some odors/smells might not be removed properly.
CAUSE - The filter has reached the end of its life
REMEDY - You can put the filter out in the sun for a couple of hours to remove the odours. If this does not help, you need to replace the filter.
REMEDY - The lifetime of the filter is not fixed. It depends on the ambient air quality.
CAUSE - The room air quality is very poor
REMEDY - If you are using the appliance in a room in which the ambient air quality is very poor, please open the windows to improve the air circulation.
5. Symptom - Air Purifier produces a bad or unpleasant smell
CAUSE - Plastic smell produced during initial usage
REMEDY - The first few times you use your air purifier, it may produce a plastic smell. Do not worry, this is normal and will fully disappear within a few days. However, if the appliance produces a burnt smell, we recommend you to contact us.
CAUSE - The pre-filter is dirty
REMEDY - The pre-filter can (and should) be washed monthly. Please check the user manual to know how to wash the pre-filter for your specific model (for some purifiers you may need to wash it under the tap and for others you may need to vacuum it).
CAUSE - The filter absorbed gases to its maximum capacity
REMEDY - When the filter absorbs gases to its maximum capacity, it may produce a dusty odor. We strongly recommend a replacing the filter when indicated (please check specific indications for your purifier model in the user manual). Do not clean, wash or vacuum clean HEPA filter.
CAUSE - The filter is dirty
REMEDY - When your air purifier's filter is dirty, it might cause a dusty odor. In this case, please replace the filter.
6. Symptom - What does the PM2.5 indicator in Air Purifier mean?.
REMEDY - PM2.5 is a scale for measuring real time air quality. It means particles with diameters that are generally 2.5 micrometers and smaller. The PM2.5 indication is connected to air quality ring light to inform you in real time about the quality of the ambient air.
7. Symptom - Can I clean the filters and pre-filter of Air Purifier?
REMEDY - You can clean or wash the pre-filter only. The other filters cannot be washed: they need to be replaced. Please check your user manual to see replacement indications specific for your model.
8. Symptom - Air Purifier airflow is weak.
CAUSE - Packaging materials have not been fully removed
REMEDY - If packaging remains around the filters, then you might notice weak. Please remove properly
CAUSE - The pre-filter is dirty
REMEDY - Dirty filter can cause a weak airflow as well. These filters should be replaced once a year or as recommended for your specific air purifier model, and they should not be washed.
9. Symptom - Any faulty display of air quality indicator
CAUSE - Auto mode or product has just been turned ON
REMEDY - Allow the air purifier to run for atleat 1 minute. Display of air quality indicator will stabilize once air quality is detected
CAUSE - Unit is defective or malfunctioning
REMEDY - Immediately discountinue use & contact customer support
1. Symptom - Unit does not start
CAUSE - Power supply not connected
REMEDY - Connect power and restart unit
CAUSE - Wiring or switch defective
REMEDY-Using any small applinces for suply confirmtion. Rectify and restart unit
2. Symptom - Cold/HOT water is not available
CAUSE - Cooling/Heating switch is in off position
REMEDY - Put on the cooling/heating switch
CAUSE - Excessive use of cold water/hot water
REMEDY - Retry a few minutes later.
CAUSE - RO system with water dispenser power plug disconnected.
REMEDY - Connect the power plug and switch on the power switch
CAUSE - Refrigerating time is short
REMEDY - Wait for approx. one hour to get the water of the desired temperature
3. Symptom - No water comes out from the tap/flows very slowly
CAUSE - No water available in the tank
REMEDY - Check the inlet water supply/Call the service personnel.
CAUSE - Airlock in water system
REMEDY - Remove airlock by opening faucet for few minutes.
4. Symptom - Compressor does not start
CAUSE - Cooling switch off
REMEDY - Switch on
CAUSE - Tempreture maitain in tank/Compartment
REMEDY - No issue, It's normal phenominun
CAUSE - Compressor defective
REMEDY - Call service personnel
5. Symptom - Compressor tries to start with humming sound but fails OR compressor runs for a while but shuts down.
CAUSE - Voltage low
REMEDY - If supply is below 230V+/-10%,Please install voltage stabilizer
CAUSE - Power plug loose connected
REMEDY - Rectify and restart unit
CAUSE - Relay/Starting Capacitor defective
REMEDY - Call service personnel
6. Symptom - Compressor makes too much noise
CAUSE - The unit has not been placed on a level surface
REMEDY - Place it on a level surface
CAUSE - Thermostat not set properly/defective
REMEDY - Adjust setting/Call service personnel
7. Symptom - Compressor runs excessively
CAUSE - Poor ventilation behind unit
REMEDY - Provide sufficient clearance on the sides and back
CAUSE - High ambient temperature
REMEDY - It is normal for unit to run continuously at high ambient temperature
8. Symptom - Less Cooling in Ref. Cabinet
CAUSE - Water Bottle Top Loading empty
REMEDY - Check the Water Bottle filled
CAUSE - Ambinet is less than 26 degree
REMEDY - Usualy in low ambinet temprature, ref.capartment cooling will be less approx. equvailent to Ambinet
CAUSE - Tetra pack loaded
REMEDY - Due to multilayer for tetra pack beverage, will take long time to cool